Spring Turnip and Carrot Pancakes
This dish is amazing served with a fried egg on top and a dash of your favorite hot sauce!
- Using a grater, shred turnips and carrots. Dry the shredded turnips and carrots as much as possible, using paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Combine the shredded turnips and carrots with salt, pepper, paprika, egg and cornmeal in a large bowl.
- Saute onion and garlic in skillet until translucent.
- Combine onion and garlic with large bowl mixture.
- Form palm size thin cakes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is heated add the patties and cook until brown and crispy on both sides, about 3-4 minutes a side.
- 3 large turnips, peeled and shredded
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt. Modify to your taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Modify to your taste.
- 1 ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 egg
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (or more if needed)