Why Work @ Avalow?
We believe that everyone should grow their own food. The best tasting, most nutritious produce comes from your own yard.
Our goal is to introduce everyone to the benefits of freshness, starting with our employees. Each full-time employee receives one of our proprietary raised beds in order to experience growing first-hand. We also believe in on-going education and regularly work with our team to develop cooking skills, new recipes and taste test the fresh produce coming from our show garden.
Every day there are new challenges, and opportunities to learn new skills as our business grows. We love solving problems while making the world a little better. Come talk to us if you do too!
We provide a quarterly stipend for books & research materials to enhance personal growth. We also encourage all of our employees, regardless of role, to spend time in the gardens. Research shows that spending time with plants changes your brainwaves and makes you happier!
We provide competitive salaries and make sure that our employees have room for advancement as they continue to develop. We want to create a place where the team can grow and stay with us for a long time to come.
We give our clients the option to donate a percentage of their produce to local food charities and we also donate produce from our show garden. Additionally, our Avalow For Good program uses client referrals to install fully-managed gardens for people in need.
We are not hiring for a specific position at this moment. Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss future positions that will become open.
Social Media Coordinator
Are you passionate about food, gardening, and people? Join the Avalow team at this exciting time in our growth! We’re currently looking for a friendly self-starter to help us with our social media at our HQ in Santa Rosa.
First and foremost, you will own our social media presence and develop content that will be used to help educate our clients and potential customers.
We want you to be the “friendly face” at the office and online, providing exceptional experiences to all Avalow HQ visitors, including our clients and potential clients and our online fans and influencers.
On the daily…
- The ideal teammate is innovative, results-oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Manage all social organic campaigns and day-to-day activities including identify relevant content topics and managing the social content calendar.
- Identify relevant new trends in social media and develop scalable processes to incorporate into daily use.
- Social Media Content creation: Posting, pinning, tweeting, snapping, instagramming, and tumbling.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of social media tactics and campaigns to maximize results.
- Build and maintain all social media communities and become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Blog content creation: Work with grow team to contribute to blog content and/or educational content 1-2 times per week.
To own this you must...
- 1-2 years of social experience or a relevant internship
- A passion for the internet, active social accounts, and thorough knowledge of social media usage trends.
- You will have to be able to work outside in the sun (yay gardens!)
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Expert at social media platforms such as Instagram, Instagram Stories, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest and whatever else the cool kids are using these days.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong visual eye. Photography, video, design, or editing experience would be awesome!
- Experience using Google Suites including Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- Clear, cross-functional understanding of the social media space and how to achieve and articulate success within it.
- Keen understanding of community management, customer service and user experience.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
$15-$17 / hour to start 15-20hrs / week - moving to a salaried, full-time position with performance
Sales Team Member at Avalow
Are you passionate about gardening and love to be outdoors? Join the Avalow team at this exciting time in our growth! We’re currently looking for an awesome person to help expand our business and be the first person many of our clients and partners meet.
The ideal person for this role is an extremely driven person who loves to talk to people and is great at communication. You’re also a hustler who is inherently curious and will learn with us as we grow our business.
This role will help us develop sales channels and partnerships, along with showing people how amazing gardening can be. Travel to client sites and events in Sonoma, Marin, SF & Napa counties will be involved. You will also communicate any client requests through our mobile app or written communication internally. You should be familiar with sales tools and processes
Our team also uses Google Suite, Slack, and other tools including our mobile app to work efficiently. You should be comfortable with digital tools and be an excellent writer and communicator in general to be successful in this role.
We are a new company with big growth plans! There is excellent chance for growth and a much bigger role at our company for a motivated leader in this role.
- Clean DMV record
- English speaker
- Lift 30 lbs.
- Work outside in the elements
- Position is based in Santa Rosa, CA
- Full-time, $35-55k @ Plan, Based on experience
Email resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Intern at Avalow
Are you passionate about gardening and love to be outdoors? Join the Avalow team at this exciting time in our growth!
The ideal person for this role is an extremely driven person who loves to talk to people and is great at communication. You’re also a hustler who is inherently curious and will learn with us as we grow our business. You see how working with us will help you gain valuable skills as you contribute to making our business better.
We’ve been featured in local, national and international press, and the best is very much yet to come - be a part of something amazing with us!
In this internship you will:
- Learn how marketing & startups work
- Get introduced to brand journalism and evangelism
- Help grow a company: The work you do will have a real impact.
- Create fun and interesting content
- Open up opportunities you never thought were possible. We work with great people who do amazing things.
- Interests: You have an interest in journalism, marketing or tech startups
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work Ethic: You know what it takes to get results and aren’t afraid to show it
- Love for Dogs: Gardens and dogs are a great match, ideally you like both!
We want to help you grow and succeed. We believe in treating everyone fairly and will send you home with armfuls of fresh produce.
Location: Virtual or our HQ in Santa Rosa, CA
- Hours are as flexible as you can handle
Email resume directly to email@example.com.