Our very own Laurel Seward is at it again with a fresh and delicious winter meal. Using herbs from our showgarden and organic ravioli, she created a simple, comforting dish that won't weigh you down.
Ravioli with Sage Sauce
- 6 fresh sage leaves, whole
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 lb fresh or frozen ravioli (We used Pumpkin from Canaveiri’s)
- ¼ cup Trattore Farms Estate Unfiltered Olive Oil
- A few cranks freshly cracked black pepper
- Dash of flake salt
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Bring your water to a boil according to ravioli cooking instructions. While the water is heating up, prepare the sage sauce.
Warm oil up at low-end medium temperature add the sage leaves whole. Cook them in the oil just until they are sizzling. Add the mashed garlic, pepper, and salt to the pan with the sizzling sage and turn off the heat. Set aside temporarily. Rub the cut garlic clove all over interior of serving bowl and set it aside for the final assembly.
Prepare your ravioli according to the “al dente” directions on package. Drain the pasta and immediately toss in a bowl with the reserved sage and olive oil. Garnish ravioli with parsley and chives. Top with grated parmesan and serve.